However, there is more to meditation that meets the eye. It can improve many aspects of your life.
Here are some of the ways that meditation can change your life:
- Meditation can help you make better decisions. You won’t be operating on autopilot. You will gain better control of your mind. You become more aware of what’s going on in your life and you can make the necessary changes to transform it.
- Meditation helps you become more loving and compassionate towards yourself and others. If you’re one of the many people who have the tendency to put themselves down and you want to change the way you have been treating yourself, meditation can help you stop thinking on autopilot and start being more aware of your inner dialogue. You will then start telling yourself more positive things. When you give yourself more love and appreciation, you will find it easier to love and appreciate others.
- Meditation can help you banish anger, fear, and other negative feelings. When you meditate and try to be more positive, that doesn’t mean that you have to ignore or repress your negative feelings. On the contrary, meditation allows you to confront these feelings without shame or judgment toward yourself or others. Confronting these feelings will help you to know yourself better, accept yourself just as you are, and work towards overcoming these negative feelings.
- Meditation can help you have better relationships. It can help you be truly aware of the present moment. This helps you to be a good listener. You also stop being judgmental and be more forgiving because you no longer see them as they were in the past. You give others the freedom to be who they are without burdening them with expectations for the future.
- Meditation can help you to be more productive. It helps you focus by helping you to be clear about what you need to do at the present moment. That way, you won’t overwhelm yourself by thinking of all the things that you need to do or try to do things all at once. It helps you have a laser-like focus while you do things one at a time. It also helps you finish your work a lot faster because you are not distracted by anything in your environment or by intruding thoughts.
- Meditation can help you stop worrying. Worrying is thinking about the worst that can happen in the future. Meditation helps you focus on the present moment. As the hunas of Hawaii would say “Manawa; now is your moment of power.” You can exercise some control over your future by being in the present moment.
- Meditation leads you to acceptance. People often say, “Life is unfair.” Meditation helps you look at your present situation without judgment. When you accept life just as it is, it is only then that you can transform it for the better. Making positive changes will be easy because you will then be in the path of least resistance.
If there is a particular area in your life that you want to transform, the best form of meditation can practice is guided meditation. It is easier than meditating all by yourself because, when you listen to your guide, you are less likely to get distracted.
More importantly, guided meditation sessions are designed by experts to help you attain a specific goal making it easier for you to change a behavior or attitude which then leads to transformation. It is no wonder that guided meditation is sometimes called “the lazy man’s” meditation.